Subject: Re: AML officer
From: "Lilita Knapsa" <[email-masked]>
To: "rahapesu - RAB" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2025 08:37:51 +0200

Dear Rahapesu,

Thank you for your answer. Just to be sure, It means that we can hire an AML 
(Compliance) officer in Latvia, and the officer will be located in our 
Latvian office?

And in case of a change in the Act in future we still can keep an AML 
officer in the Latvia office?

Regards,
Lilita Knapsa

On Fri, Nov 7, 2025 at 1:49 PM rahapesu - RAB <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Dear Lilita Knapsa,

Thank you for contacting the Financial Intelligence Unit of Estonia (FIU). 
In your 24.10.2025 letter you requested information regarding the 
requirements for an AML officer and information for AML requirements in 
English.

Requirements for AML compliance, including requirements for the AML officer 
(also referred to as a compliance officer), are regulated in the Money 
Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act (hereinafter the Act, 
found here: 
https://www.riigiteataja.ee/en/eli/ee/520032025013/consolide/current). 
According to § 2 (1) 3) of the Act, gambling operators, except for 
organisers of commercial lotteries are considered obliged entities. The 
requirements for a compliance officer are described in § 17 of the Act.

According to the act, the appointment of a compliance officer is mandatory 
for obliged entities such as credit institutions, financial institutions or 
obliged entities specified in subsection 1 of § 70 of the Act. However, 
other obliged entities (e.g. gambling operators) are also allowed to appoint 
a compliance officer. Entities not listed above do not have to meet the 
strict requirements described in § 17 (5) of the act for the compliance 
officer. However, it is possible that gambling operators may become subject 
to licensing by the FIU in the near future which means that when appointing 
a compliance officer, it would be wise to take these requirements into 
consideration. Currently, only notifying us of the appointment of a 
compliance officer via e-mail is sufficient.

Hopefully we have answered your questions.

Kind regards,

Rahapesu Andmebüroo | Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit
Tel +372 696 0500 | Pronksi 12, Tallinn |  <https://www.fiu.ee/> www.fiu.ee

From: Lilita Knapsa <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2025 8:12 AM
To: rahapesu - RAB <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: AML officer

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm writing regarding AML in upcoming online casino licenced in Estonia, we 
are looking information regarding AML officer in casino site, main question 
is regarding is there need to be person with specific education, or only 
experience is needed? And where can I find information in English regarding 
AML procedures in Estonia - reporting, documents, etc.?

It will be really helpful if you can share all that we need to know 
regarding AML in Estonia.

Regards,

-- 

Lilita Knapsa

+371 28683184

Luckybet.ee